Okay, quick and dirty, this blog:
Saul David Alinsky (January 30, 1909 – June 12, 1972) was an American community organizer and writer, and he detailed eight levels of control that must be obtained in order to create a social state. They are:
1) Healthcare: Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty: Increase the Poverty level as high as possible. Poor people are easier to control, and will not fight back as long as you are providing everything they require to live.
3) Debt: Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. In this way, taxes must increase, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control: Remove the ability for citizens to defend themselves from the Government. In that way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare: Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).
6) Education: Take control of what children read and to what they are taught in school.
7) Religion: Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare: Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent, and it will be easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor.
What if the Obama presidency was carefully planned around these precepts?
Wouldn’t that make a great premise for a story set in the year 2031 ?
(check out “Proliferation” at www.LuLu.com and you’ll see what I mean.)